News & Events
You might also like
- Five Tips on Drainage Law
- 2014 Ohio Farm Bureau Presidents Trip to D.C.
- How OFBF members are working to change a law affecting road access
- Animals make our lives better
- A non-partisan look at the implications of the Affordable Care Act
Governor speaks to Farm Bureau members
Gov. John Kasich recently met with the OFBF Board of Trustees about issues facing Ohio, including his proposal to modernize Ohio’s severance tax system to keep up with new oil and gas production. He says this will generate new revenue while still keeping Ohio competitive with other states. The Ohio Oil and Gas Association argues that the new tax is unfair, will reduce landowners’ royalties and could force the industry to move production to other locations out of Ohio. However, Kasich said the new revenue would reduce Ohio’s high income taxes, creating a jobs-friendly climate. OFBF is currently reviewing the proposal. You can make your voice heard on these and other issues by getting involved in your county policy development process.
Photo by Seth Teter