News & Events
You might also like
- 'Legal with Leah' rewind - Farm Equipment on Roadways
- What to know about Worker Protection Standard revisions
- Columbia Gas president on 'Town Hall Ohio'
- Ohio farm families honored for conservation efforts
- Working for a more fair CAUV formula
Governor speaks to Farm Bureau members
Gov. John Kasich recently met with the OFBF Board of Trustees about issues facing Ohio, including his proposal to modernize Ohio’s severance tax system to keep up with new oil and gas production. He says this will generate new revenue while still keeping Ohio competitive with other states. The Ohio Oil and Gas Association argues that the new tax is unfair, will reduce landowners’ royalties and could force the industry to move production to other locations out of Ohio. However, Kasich said the new revenue would reduce Ohio’s high income taxes, creating a jobs-friendly climate. OFBF is currently reviewing the proposal. You can make your voice heard on these and other issues by getting involved in your county policy development process.
Photo by Seth Teter