News & Events
You might also like
- Hirsch: What we do at this meeting matters
- Ohio needs more infrastructure, food processing to meet demand for local food
- Tips for entrepreneurs overheard at the Ohio Farm and Food Leadership Forum
- Catlett tells farmers to prepare for the golden age of agriculture
- Transition Planning and Social Security Benefits
Buckeye Farm News
Preserving Land in Fairfield County
Louise Warner of Hocking County, in photo at right, spoke with attendees at the recently-held Southeast Ohio Farmland Preservation meeting sponsored by the Fairfield County Farm Bureau. Warner told of her personal experience protecting her farmland through Ohio’s Ag Easement Purchase Program made possible through the Clean Ohio Fund. Warner was one of many in attendance at the meeting held in February for farmland owners to learn about the many tools available for them to protect valuable Ohio farmland.
Dancing for dollars in Washington County
Washington County Farm Bureau held a soup and sandwich dinner and square dance at Our Lady of Mercy Social hall in Lowell at the end of February to support the Farm Business Planning & Analysis (FBPA) Program. The Farm Bureau provided the food and asked for donations to the program. Organization Director Kari Burkey said more than $1,000 was raised for FBPA, which greatly exceeded expectations. She said more than 250 people attended the square dance, with many young people enjoying the Farm Bureau function.