News & Events
You might also like
- Stepping out of our comfort zone - AgriPOWER Class VII Session 1 blog
- Understanding of why we do things the way that we do - AgriPOWER session 1 blog
- Farm Bureau part of successful grain storage bin case
- 12 Receive Ohio Farm Bureau Federation Foundation Scholarships
- Farm Bureau opposes marijuana measure
Medical Mutual health plans save Farm Bureau members money
Buckeye Farm News
Are you feeling the pinch of the current economic downturn? Did you know Ohio Farm Bureau’s health insurance partner, Medical Mutual, offers in-network preventive care at no additional cost and an opportunity to earn a $75 deductible credit?
As an Ohio Farm Bureau member, you have access to Medical Mutual’s SuperMed One – Ohio Farm Bureau health insurance plans. These plans cover the following in-network services at 100 percent*, and they are not subject to your deductible:
- Routine physical exam
- Routine vision exam
- Dental exam and cleaning
- Well child care services, including exams and immunizations (up to $500 per benefit period)
- Routine mammogram
- Routine Pap test
- Routine blood screenings for cholesterol, colon cancer, bone density and others
- Routine diagnostic tests for EKGs, x-rays and others
*Subject to benefit levels.
In addition, Medical Mutual offers a way for you to actually put money back in your pocket, to the tune of $75. Medical Mutual partners with WebMD, the leading online health and wellness information service, to offer Ohio Farm Bureau members access to the Health Risk Assessment (HRA).
The HRA is a series of questions about your past health history, current medical information and lifestyle habits, compiled to give you a picture of your overall health. Once you have answered all of the HRA questions, a scored summary report will appear onscreen to help you evaluate your health risk for certain chronic diseases, such as diabetes or heart disease. This report will also provide you with information to help you manage or improve your health.
Farm Bureau members who complete the questionnaire will receive a $75 credit toward their in-network deductible for 2009.
For more information about Medical Mutual’s health plan offerings for Farm Bureau members, talk to your Nationwide agent or independent insurance agent. You can also visit ofb.supermedone.com.