News & Events
You might also like
- Connecting and network developing
- Learning where to find the answers
- Learning to be more proactive for agriculture
- AgriPOWER session two: connecting with experts and each other
- Ohio Farm Bureau AGGPAC names Kasich ‘Friend of Agriculture’
Three top tips for memberships
Ohio Farm Bureau members only have until Aug. 15 to increase their chances to win a truck or other great prizes through the organization’s Every Member Sign a Member Sweepstakes.
For those still looking to increase their sweepstakes entries, or who want to get a jump on next year’s membership campaign, here are tips on signing new members from three top membership workers: Hallie Hawthorne of Tuscarawas County; Eugenia Roberts of Jefferson County; and Pat Wheeler of Muskingum County.
1. Talk about member benefits
All three suggest talking to potential members about member benefits, and particularly any member benefits specific to the county.
- “I try to find something for each individual I talk to that would spark their interest,” Hawthorne said. “The benefits help out tremendously. Tuscarawas County Farm Bureau has a lot of extra county benefits that really help sell the membership.”
- Jefferson County Farm Bureau does a lot of teacher outreach and offers one particular member benefit targeted to teachers. “We also have a $250 grant teachers can apply for to use for farm education in their classrooms, so I talk about that and have signed teachers as Farm Bureau members that way,” Roberts said.
2. Talk to friends and people you know
All three said talking to friends or people you know, or businesses you are familiar with are good ways to sign members.
- "Just get out there and just talk about it with friends,” Roberts said.
- “I've signed several businesses, and sometimes it took several tries to meet up with the right person at the business, but with determination you will eventually find a way to meet up with them,” Hawthorne said.
- "I enjoy working membership because I know a lot of people and I like to go talk to them about Farm Bureau,” Wheeler said.
3. Thank them
An important tip to remember is to always thank to people you talk to about Farm Bureau membership whether they pay dues or not.
- “If they don't renew or pay dues, I thank them for their past membership and help, or for listening,” Wheeler said. “And hope that they will join again in the future.”
Farm Bureau members can help build a stronger local, state and national organization while increasing chances to win great prizes through the Every Member Sign A Member Sweepstakes. Each member that you sign between June 1 and Aug. 15 will qualify you for an additional chance to win one of several prizes including a truck, a lifetime Ohio Farm Bureau membership, a portable generator, an iPad and others!
FOR MORE INFORMATION
Visit the Every Member Sign A Member Sweepstakes website for full rules and details
Learn more about Farm Bureau member benefits
No purchase necessary to win. Only Ohio residents are eligible for this sweepstakes, other eligibility requirements do apply. Any Ohio Farm Bureau member meeting eligibility requirements may enter one entry into the contest drawing without signing a member by mailing an official entry form, available at www.ofbf.org/sweepstakes, to: Ohio Farm Bureau Federation, Attn: Every Member Sign a Member, PO Box 182383, Columbus, OH 43218. Ohio Farm Bureau members can receive one entry for each household membership they sign between June 1, 2012 and August 15, 2012 by mailing an official entry form with accompanying membership dues to the same address. All entries must be received by the OFBF office by August 15, 2012 at 4:00 PM EST. The official entry form and a full set of contest rules can be found on the contest website at www.ofbf.org/sweepstakes.