News & Events
You might also like
- Five questions to ask when approached about pipeline construction
- Newly formed Ohio State advisory team
- Workers’ comp billing system update, deadlines changing
- Board of Tax Appeals ruling that could affect you, input needed
- Ohio State Fair Land & Living Exhibit -- 2014 Schedule of Events
BWC grants help employees return to work
The Ohio Bureau of Workers’ Compensation is accepting applications for a new grant program to help employers with transitional work programs to return employees to work or keep them working in some capacity following a workplace injury.
“Transitioning an injured employee back into the workplace is an important factor in achieving a full recovery,” said BWC Administrator/CEO Steve Buehrer. “Having a plan in place to ease the transition back to work keeps the employee active in their own recovery and saves the employer money by reducing the length, and therefore overall cost, of the claim.”
Generally, to be eligible, employers must have 11 or more employees, at least one lost-time claim in their claims experience and been in existence for at least two years. A full list of requirements and details on applying can be found at the Bureau's website.