News & Events
You might also like
- Agricultural Labor Reform to be Considered by Senate
- Prepare for pipeline development increases across Ohio
- Ohio Livestock Coalition accepting nominations for 'Neighbor of the Year' awards
- Ohio Agricultural Hall of Fame Inductees announced
- Ohio Congressional delegation involved in Farm Bill progress
Leadership conference focuses on community conversations
Franklin County Farm Bureau’s Breakfast on the Farm was among the program ideas that farmers shared during Ohio Farm Bureau’s 2012 Leadership Conference.
The conference placed emphasis on county Farm Bureaus reaching out to their communities to have constructive conversations about food and agriculture. The Franklin County event was one of several ways farmers shared they are connecting with consumers.
That idea was extended at the conference as farmers were able to enjoy breakfast with nonfarmers, providing an opportunity to ask each other questions about current food issues.
“It was a very courteous, embracive environment,” one guest noted after her conversation with several farmers. “Very comfortable and friendly.”
Farm Bureau members also took part in the EASE program developed by the U.S. Farmers and Ranchers Alliance, which offers tips and insights on having meaningful conversations about food production.
Attached are photos from other Farm Bureau sponsored or coordinated community events.