News & Events
You might also like
- President Steve Hirsch discusses water quality at FSR
- Making Our Voices Heard on ‘The Hill’
- A closer connection to food
- American Farm Bureau leaders visit Ohio
- Nationwide News: Metal theft prevention for home and business
County Farm Bureau Round-up October 2012
As the weather turns cool and harvest wraps up, Ohio’s county Farm Bureaus continue to offer opportunities for members and nonmembers alike to gather, learn from one another and gain valuable insight to help themselves and their communities.
Here are the latest news and events as shared by county Farm Bureaus on OFBF.org. Click on the link(s) provided with each item for more details on each.
CONNECT, LEAD, SUCCEED AT NE OHIO COMMUNITY CONFERENCE
Join Ohio Farm Bureau in a daylong discussion about opportunities to work together to make our Ohio communities better places to call home. The Connect. Lead. Succeed Leadership Conference in Ravenna, Ohio will connect community advocates as we share ideas and cultivate leadership skills. Discover resources and partnerships that can help you solve local problems and accomplish what’s most important to you.
- Get all the details on this community-focused event and register to attend.
- Also check out the Connect. Lead. Succeed. Facebook Event to invite friends and network with other attendees. Registration deadline is Nov. 1.
CAUV UPDATE MEETINGS
Farmers and landowners in a number of Ohio counties may see a noticeable increase in their taxes when it comes to land they have enrolled in CAUV (Current Agricultural Use Valuation). What’s the cause for this? How is CAUV calculated? Get your questions answered at the following local meetings.
- See a list of counties that will see reappraisals in CAUV values this year.
OIL & GAS INFORMATIONAL MEETINGS
As oil and natural gas exploration continues throughout Ohio, there are always more questions for landowners. Beyond just leasing, there are pipeline easements, right of way questions and more. Get updated on the latest in your area at the following local meetings.
- Farm Bureau members receive a discount to Leaders Farm/Scream Acres in NW Ohio
- Muskingum County Farm Bureau members receive discount/savings at McDonald’s Greenhouse and Corn Maze this month.
- Farm Bureau members save at the Maize at Darby Creek in Union County
- discounts for members at the local farmers market
Oct. 18 - Miami County Farm Bureau Youth are invited to a Halloween Party.
Oct. 24 - Learn simple, creative techniques for preparing quick, easy meals for your family at this Preble County Grow It. Know It. cooking class
Oct. 24 - Seneca County Farm Bureau hosts this Candidates & Issues night, for members to learn more about those up for election this year
Oct. 26 - Washington County Fall Foliage Tour
Oct. 27 - Jackson/Vinton County Farm Bureau will be a part of the R.O.A.R. (Rural Ohio Appalachia Revisited) event at Lake hope State Park, featuring food, crafts, music, traditional skills and more
Nov. 7 - Butler County’s Womens’/Promotion & Education Committee hosts its annual Christmas Dinner and Auction
Nov. 9 - This is the deadline for Farm Bureau members to apply to be on OFBF Advisory Teams, which help inform/shape policy in a number of key agricultural areas.
Nov. 10 - Join Ohio Farm Bureau in a daylong discussion about opportunities to work together to make our Ohio communities better places to call home at the Connect. Lead. Succeed. Community Leadership Conference
Nov. 12 - Join Defiance, Fulton, Henry and Williams County on a Fall Shopping Bus Trip to NE Ohio (prepayment required)
ANNUAL MEETING RECAPS
Ohio’s County Farm Bureaus have wrapped up a busy season full of annual meetings. These meetings are opportunities to reflect on the previous year’s accomplishments, and focus on policies, goals, leadership and direction for the coming year. Check out recaps of local annual meetings shared by the following counties.
- Geauga County Farm Bureau shares an annual meeting recap and reminds members of upcoming events.
- Montgomery County Farm Bureau annual meeting recap (includes thank yous to board members for service & scholarship winners)
- Wayne County Farm Bureau reminds members of the Women’s Network Scholarship available in the county. Applications due Nov. 1.
- Belmont County Farm Bureau announces a scholarship available to local students. April 1 deadline.
OTHER COUNTY FARM BUREAU NEWS
- Hancock County Farm Bureau member Anthony Stateler is one of 21 farmers and agribusiness professionals selected to participate in Ohio Farm Bureau’s AgriPower Institute Program
- Seneca County Farm Bureau member Jamie King is featured in this post, recapping her recent trip to Washington, D.C. with Ohio Farm Bureau’s Young Agricultural Professionals.
- Marion County Farm Bureau shares the success of its recent “Harvest Hustle” run, along with other events and activities.
- Monroe County Farm Bureau is currently selling homemade apple butter.
- Tuscarawas County Farm Bureau recaps its county fair educator’s breakfast.
- Athens County Farm Bureau provides a recap of its annual Ag Day at the Fairgrounds
- Lawrence County Farm Bureau President Margaret Reid was recently featured in Our Ohio magazine.
- Delaware County Farm Bureau recognizes member Earl Lehner, who is serving on Ohio Farm Bureau’s Policy Development Committee.
- Union County Farm Bureau recognizes member Ron Burns, who is serving on Ohio Farm Bureau’s Young Agricultural Professionals Committee this coming year.
- Montgomery County Farm Bureau recaps its second annual Harvest Festival
- Gallia County Farm Bureau continues to sell Bob Evans collector baskets after the annual Bob Evans Farm Festival