News & Events
You might also like
- Four things you need to know from the 2014 AgChat Conference
- Connecting and network developing
- Learning where to find the answers
- Learning to be more proactive for agriculture
- AgriPOWER session two: connecting with experts and each other
2013 NCR-SARE Farmer Rancher Grant Proposals
The 2013 North Central Region Sustainable Agriculture Research and Education (NCR-SARE) Farmer Rancher Grant Proposals are due Nov. 29 at 4:30 p.m. at the NCR-SARE office in Saint Paul, MN.
Farmers and ranchers in the North Central Region are invited to submit grant proposals to explore sustainable agriculture solutions to problems on the farm or ranch. Proposals should show how farmers and ranchers plan to use their own innovative ideas to explore sustainable agriculture options and how they will share project results. Sustainable agriculture is good for the environment, profitable, and socially responsible.
Projects should emphasize research or education/demonstration. There are three types of competitive grants:
- individual grants ($7,500 maximum);
- partner grants for two farmers/ranchers from separate operations who are working together ($15,000 maximum);
- group grants for three or more farmers/ranchers from separate operations who are working together ($22,500 maximum).
NCR-SARE expects to fund about 45 projects in the twelve-state North Central Region with this call. A total of approximately $400,000 is available for this program. Grant recipients have 25 months to complete their projects.
Interested applicants can find the call for proposals online as well as useful information for completing a proposal online. You can find more information about sustainable agriculture on this website, or take a free National Continuing Education Program online course about the basic concepts.
A hard copy or an emailed copy of the call for proposals is also available by contacting Joan Benjamin. We make revisions to our calls for proposals each year, which means it is crucial to use the most recent call for proposals.
Each state in SARE's North Central Region has one or more State Sustainable Agriculture Coordinators who can provide information and assistance to potential grant applicants. Interested applicants can find their State Sustainable Agriculture Coordinator online.
For More Information
Learn more about the free National Continuing Education Program online course