News & Events
You might also like
- The Food Dialogues®: Toledo
- Media campaign highlights farmers’ efforts to improve water quality
- OFBF supports compensation adjustment for judges
- Status of Farm Bureau Priority Issues in Congress
- Opening global markets for Ohio farmers
Farm Bureau’s potential
Buckeye Farm News
In his annual address to delegates, Ohio Farm Bureau President Steve Hirsch said the organization’s more than 150,000 nonfarming members present an opportunity for farmers. He also placed emphasis on keeping Farm Bureau a vibrant, growing organization in which people want to engage.
“The more involved someone is in the organization the more value they find in their organization. Advocating for members is what we do as Farm Bureau,” he said.
“What many of our (associate members) want is you. They want to connect to farmers, to food, to a rural lifestyle…We need to welcome our associate members’ questions. We need to understand what they like and don’t like. Because our associate members are consumers and voters, they have a great deal of influence over how you and I make a living.They, and we, will be better served by making Farm Bureau the place to make connections.”