News & Events
You might also like
- Statement on Gov. Kasich’s announcement of Ohio’s commitment to water quality
- Ohio Farm Bureau’s response to the Toledo water crisis
- Senate Bill 150: Separating facts and fiction
- Ohio water research and resources
- AFBF pushes back against U.S. EPA’s ‘federal land grab’
An inside look at Washington
Members of Ohio Farm Bureau’s AgriPOWER class recently traveled to Washington, D.C. for their fifth session. They met with Reps. Bob Gibbs, Steve Stivers and Marcy Kaptur, members of Sen. Sherrod Brown’s staff to discuss the farm bill and spent time at American Farm Bureau, the Canadian Embassy and the Environmental Protection Agency.
AgriPOWER is a yearlong program established by Ohio Farm Bureau to cultivate the next generation of farm leaders.
“This trip gave us access and insight into how Washington works, and how we can make a difference by simply building a relationship with our representatives and senators. Beyond that was the opportunity to spend time with our classmates learning from each other while we all went through this experience together. That is really what AgriPOWER and any involvement with Farm Bureau is about, networking with other Ohio farmers and learning from each other.” ~ Julie Weber, Jackson/Vinton County Farm Bureau member and AgriPOWER Class V participant
Photo by Callie Wells