News & Events
You might also like
- Five questions to ask when approached about pipeline construction
- Newly formed Ohio State advisory team
- Workers’ comp billing system update, deadlines changing
- Board of Tax Appeals ruling that could affect you, input needed
- Ohio State Fair Land & Living Exhibit -- 2014 Schedule of Events
OLC provides funding for water quality, nutrient management programs
The Ohio Livestock Coalition (OLC) recently announced that funding is available for Ohio organizations interested in hosting meetings for farmers and farm managers on water quality and nutrient management education.
Water quality and nutrient management are issues that affect all farmers, farm managers and anyone who buys, sells or manages manure or uses fertilizer. Ohio Farm Bureau Federation is a member of OLC and encourages its members to share this opportunity with any local farm organizations they may be involved in that could apply for funding.
To apply for funding, an intent form must be submitted to OLC at least 30 days prior to the scheduled meeting date. Applicants’ intent forms must demonstrate how the meeting will educate attendees on water quality and nutrient management issues, including:
- Promoting the 4Rs of nutrient management;
- Impact of nutrients on water quality;
- Promoting the use of best management practices (BMPs);
- Availability of cost share programs to address this specific issue;
- The benefits of using manure as a nutrient and its role in water quality;
- Voluntary action vs. regulatory action; and
- Developing trust with the public regarding this issue.
OLC will reimburse up to $10 per person attending, with a maximum total reimbursement of $500 for hosting an educational and informative water quality and nutrient management meeting. Following the meeting, funding recipients must submit a report form, provided by OLC, within 30 days to report the results of the event and how the funding was used.
To learn more about this opportunity, as well as to obtain intent and report forms, visit OLC’s website.