News & Events
You might also like
- Five Tips on Drainage Law
- 2014 Ohio Farm Bureau Presidents Trip to D.C.
- How OFBF members are working to change a law affecting road access
- Animals make our lives better
- A non-partisan look at the implications of the Affordable Care Act
Ohio Farm Bureau reviewing governor's budget proposal
Ohio Farm Bureau Vice President of Public Policy Adam Sharp says the organization is digging into the details of Gov. Kasich's two-year budget proposal. In this audio briefing, Sharp highlights agriculture's line items including Ohio Department of Agriculture, Ohio Department of Natural Resources and Ohio State University. Sharp also reviews the policies included in the budget such as nutrient management, rural schools, the Ohio Turnpike and severance and income taxes.
In this audio clip, you can find the topics listed below at the corresponding times listed.
Background: 0.00 - 0.28
Agriculture’s line items: 0.51 - 1.41
What do we like or dislike about the line items: 1.42 - 2.18
Nutrient management funding: 2.18 - 3.09
Tax policy: 3.10 - 4.21
CAUV, sales tax provisions: 4.22 - 5.54
Rural schools, workforce development: 5.55 - 7.21