News & Events
Past Farm Bureau interns recognized for accomplishments
by Callie Wells
Last week five recent Ohio Farm Bureau interns were recognized for their achievements at the Kentucky Derby themed Ohio State University College of Food, Agricultural, and Environmental Sciences Recognition Banquet. They also were all prominently featured as part of the committee who planned and executed the elaborate event..
- Suzie McMullen, a 2012 intern for executive vice president Jack Fisher, was a co-chair of the banquet steering committee and was recognized as a Top 20 Senior in the college.
- Matthew Cook, 2012 State Fair intern, served as a narrator on the banquet steering committee helping to recognize his fellow students and keep the banquet lively.
- Caroline Weihl, 2013 public policy intern, was presented the Outstanding Student Employee Award and served on the steering committee.
- Derek McCracken, 2012 state fair intern, co-chaired the banquet with Suzie and was also recognized as a Top 20 Senior in the college.
- Lauren Fehlan, 2012 public policy intern, was a member of the banquet steering committee.
Students also recognized Jack Fisher with the Meritorious Service to Students Award for providing internship opportunities with Ohio Farm Bureau and for his service on the Ohio State Board of Trustees, where he is serving as vice chair.
We enjoyed working with each of these interns, and it is gratifying to see them accomplishing so much. Congratulations to all of our past interns on their accomplishments and best of luck in your very bright futures.
View the student produced banquet here:
Callie Wells is an Ohio Farm Bureau communications specialist