News & Events
You might also like
- 2015 County Farm Bureau Presidents Trip to D.C.
- Farm Bureau supports new nutrient bill
- Ohio Farm Bureau's State Priority Issues for 2015
- Special CAUV meeting scheduled for March 5
- A look at Ohio’s property tax system
Farm payments resume after temporary suspension
The U.S. Department of Agriculture’s Farm Service Agency (FSA) announced that farm payments, which had been temporarily suspended due to sequestration, resumed May 8. This includes payments for the 2011 Supplemental Revenue Assistance Payments Program (SURE), the Noninsured Crop Assistance Program (NAP) and the Milk Income Loss Contract Program (MILC).
FSA began a temporary suspension of FSA program payments March 4 in order to assess the impact of sequestration and determine the least disruptive process possible for carrying out required cuts. The department will use the Secretary Vilsack’s limited authority to transfer funds to avoid reducing these program payments.
Farmers should be advised that program sign-up periods currently underway have the following enrollment deadlines:
- 2013 Average Crop Revenue Election (ACRE) Program – June 3;
- 2011 SURE – June 7; and
- 2013 Direct and Counter-Cyclical Program – Aug. 2.
Farmers should contact their local Farm Service Agency office as soon as possible for appointments to enroll in these programs before the deadlines.