News & Events
You might also like
- Congress extends tax breaks beneficial to farmers
- Hirsch: What we do at this meeting matters
- Ohio needs more infrastructure, food processing to meet demand for local food
- Tips for entrepreneurs overheard at the Ohio Farm and Food Leadership Forum
- Catlett tells farmers to prepare for the golden age of agriculture
Sign up now for youth conferences
Buckeye Farm News
Ohio teens are invited to join together for a unique set of summer leadership conferences sponsored by OFBF.
Each conference will provide opportunities for youths to bond and build quality leadership, teamwork and communications skills. The program changes each year, and youths can participate up to four times.
Quest Conference, for ages 12 to 14, will be held July 8 to 10 at Ohio Wesleyan College in Delaware. During the conference, youths will build friendships and learn how to communicate with others, how to reach out to others and how to deal with stress and issues important to young teens. Registration is $100 per person, with a deadline of June 12.
Higher Ground Conference is for youths ages 14 to 18, and will also be held at Ohio Wesleyan College. From July 19-24, teens will learn how to enhance their creativity, leadership and teambuilding skills through hands-on workshops and activities. Registration is $200 per person, with a deadline of June 19.
To register, contact your county Farm Bureau office, or download a registration from the event listing at www.ofbf.org. Youths must be from OFBF member families to attend.