News & Events
You might also like
- Ohio Farm Bureau AGGPAC names Kasich ‘Friend of Agriculture’
- Statement on Gov. Kasich’s announcement of Ohio’s commitment to water quality
- Ohio Farm Bureau’s response to the Toledo water crisis
- Senate Bill 150: Separating facts and fiction
- Ohio water research and resources
Eleven stops, 120 ATVs, 280 people and one great tour
by Callie Wells
Eleven stops, 120 all terrain vehicles (ATVs) and 280 people were the makings of one great tour recently in Muskingum County. Muskingum County Farm Bureau, Soil and Water Conservation District and USDA Natural Resources Conservation Service recently partnered to put on an ATV conservation tour that featured stops at 11 different locations where conservation practices have been installed. The event’s second year was a huge success, doubling the numbers achieved at the event in 2012.
Watch this video to see photos from the tour and hear about it from Jeanette Weinberg of Muskingum County Soil and Water Conservation District, and Carol Friel of Muskingum County Farm Bureau.
Learn more about all purpose vehicle (APV), or all terrain vehicle (ATV), laws with the Farm Bureau Legal Information Series.
View more photos of the event on Muskingum County Soil and Water Conservation District's Facebook photo album.
Callie Wells is a communications specialist for Ohio Farm Bureau.