News & Events
You might also like
- 12 Receive Ohio Farm Bureau Federation Foundation Scholarships
- Farm Bureau opposes marijuana measure
- Ohio Farm Bureau Member Savings Testimonials
- A look at OFBF’s work on the state’s $71 billion operating budget
- Brochure available about state’s new nutrient application law
OFBF recognized by poultry industry
Buckeye Farm News
OFBF recently received the Ohio Poultry Partner Award for its longtime support of the state’s egg, turkey and chicken industries.
OFBF was selected by the Ohio Poultry Association’s Executive Committee and was presented with the award during the association’s annual banquet, where others were also recognized for their service.
“While we cannot honor every person or business, I am proud to work side by side with these individuals, who every day provide consumers in Ohio and across the United States with safe, wholesome, nutritious eggs, chicken and turkey,” said OPA Executive Director Jim Chakeres of the association’s award recipients.
Ohio ranks No. 2 in the nation in egg production behind Iowa and produces more than 7 billion eggs per year with a retail value of more than $483 million. Ohio is also 11th in the nation for turkey production and produces almost 274 million pounds of Ohio chicken annually. More than 5,000 people are employed in the poultry industry, with payrolls of more than $50 million.