News & Events
You might also like
- OFBF members urge legislators to take action on CAUV
- Ohio Youth Capital Challenge finalists to compete during state fair
- County Farm Bureau annual meetings announced
- Urgent: Action Needed Now on CAUV
- OFBF responds to high nitrate water warning in Columbus
On the water
Buckeye Farm News
Farm Bureau members in eastern Ohio along with public officials and water quality advocates recently traveled to Ohio State University’s Stone Lab on Lake Erie to learn about water quality issues as well as research that could help farmers provide solutions.
Recently, Ohio Farm Bureau successfully advocated for lawmakers to restore funding to the Ohio Sea Grant program, which supports greater knowledge and stewardship of Lake Erie and the Great Lakes through research, education and outreach. Funding, which initially had been eliminated from the state budget, was restored to $285,000 annually thanks to the support of Farm Bureau members.
Photo by Michele Specht.