News & Events
You might also like
- Five Tips on Drainage Law
- 2014 Ohio Farm Bureau Presidents Trip to D.C.
- How OFBF members are working to change a law affecting road access
- Animals make our lives better
- A non-partisan look at the implications of the Affordable Care Act
On the water
Buckeye Farm News
Farm Bureau members in eastern Ohio along with public officials and water quality advocates recently traveled to Ohio State University’s Stone Lab on Lake Erie to learn about water quality issues as well as research that could help farmers provide solutions.
Recently, Ohio Farm Bureau successfully advocated for lawmakers to restore funding to the Ohio Sea Grant program, which supports greater knowledge and stewardship of Lake Erie and the Great Lakes through research, education and outreach. Funding, which initially had been eliminated from the state budget, was restored to $285,000 annually thanks to the support of Farm Bureau members.
Photo by Michele Specht.