News & Events
You might also like
- Congress extends tax breaks beneficial to farmers
- Hirsch: What we do at this meeting matters
- Ohio needs more infrastructure, food processing to meet demand for local food
- Tips for entrepreneurs overheard at the Ohio Farm and Food Leadership Forum
- Catlett tells farmers to prepare for the golden age of agriculture
Learning more about Ohio soils and nutrients
by Callie Wells
Our second e-learning unit on water quality/nutrient management is now available for Ohio Farm Bureau members.
This unit will provide you with a better understanding of the methods for soil sampling, how the soil test results relate to crop fertility recommendations and the steps to take to develop a nutrient management plan. You will be introduced to 4R Nutrient Stewardship, its core concepts and principles. This unit will take about 20 minutes to complete.
The first e-learning unit was made available to members earlier this summer and provided an understanding of Harmful Algal Blooms, conditions causing them and actions to help reduce their occurrence.
We’re now happy to offer the second unit for Ohio Farm Bureau member access to this unit by filling out the form below.
- Learn more about the water quality/nutrient management issue from Ohio Farm Bureau's Larry Antosch.
- Learn about more efforts by Ohio farmers to improve water quality.
- Request to view a recorded web meeting on this topic
- Listen to a recent Town Hall Ohio radio show on Nutrient Management and Water Quality
Callie Wells is a communications specialist for Ohio Farm Bureau.