News & Events
You might also like
- Congress extends tax breaks beneficial to farmers
- Hirsch: What we do at this meeting matters
- Ohio needs more infrastructure, food processing to meet demand for local food
- Tips for entrepreneurs overheard at the Ohio Farm and Food Leadership Forum
- Catlett tells farmers to prepare for the golden age of agriculture
Agritourism: How can we help?
Agritourism pairs Ohio's goal to be a destination people want to visit with the goal to preserve Ohio's farmland and agricultural industry. Agritourism is a very broad term used to describe any enterprise that welcomes visitors to take part in activities on the farm. These businesses provide supplemental farm income, which can help farmers stay on the land while allowing visitors to experience the state’s No. 1 industry.
Agritourism in Ohio is very diverse and includes farm stands, corn mazes, u-pick fruit farms, petting zoos and bed and breakfasts. If you operate or have some sort of invovlement in an agritourism business please let us know in the list below what issues and concerns are the most troublesome for you.