News & Events
You might also like
- AgriPOWER Class VI is in session
- Starting a journey through AgriPOWER
- 20 Ohioans participating in intensive agricultural leadership program
- Rural Entrepreneurship Challenge showcases innovations in rural America
- Applications due Sept. 5 for County Activities of Excellence Awards
More than 185 people joined a Food Dialogue of Shelby County at the Ted Winner Family Farm. A locally sourced meal followed a tour of the farm and its robotic milking system. The event concluded with a conversation about food between the guests and a discussion panel, which included Dr. Leah Dorman, from Ohio Farm Bureau, Kristin Reese, a farm mom and blogger, Andrea Guckes, a grain merchandiser with Cargill, and Rob Joslin, a local grain farmer.
More than 100 community members turned out for A Taste of Crawford County, which offered a unique opportunity for the community to gather with farmers, enjoy locally produced food and talk about the role of local farmers in the economy. Event Chairman Steve Reinhard said the aim was to address consumers’ concerns while initiating conversations.
“We hope farmers will be able to connect with consumers and provide a better understanding of the origins of the food on their plates,” he said.
Photo by Tim Hicks.