News & Events
You might also like
- Growing Our Generation: Farmers market and show pigs
- Discussion Meet applications due Nov. 2
- Oct. 1 deadline for OFB Foundation grants
- Congressman Pat Tiberi, Fiscally Responsible Government
- Jumping through the hoops
Next generation of leaders show bright future for food, farming
by Callie Wells
Here at Ohio Farm Bureau we are really excited about the next generation of leaders in food and farming, particularly when we are able to participate in events like Ohio FFA Association's Ohio Legislative Leadership Conference. A few of our public policy staff members recently helped put on a workshop at the conference for 200 Ohio FFA student leaders.
The workshop featured interactive presentations demonstrating how to be effective advocates. In addition, students participated in thought provoking exercises which put them in lawmakers’ shoes during the decision making process. Based on student reviews, the workshop was a huge success! Check out a few photos below.
Callie Wells is a communications specialist for Ohio Farm Bureau.