News & Events
You might also like
- Five questions to ask when approached about pipeline construction
- Newly formed Ohio State advisory team
- Workers’ comp billing system update, deadlines changing
- Board of Tax Appeals ruling that could affect you, input needed
- Ohio State Fair Land & Living Exhibit -- 2014 Schedule of Events
Energy efficiency overhaul introduced
A bill to overhaul state energy standards has been introduced in the Statehouse by Sen. William Seitz. S.B. 58 would revisit provisions put into place in 2008, including a call for 12.5 percent of power generation from renewable sources and a 22 percent cumulative electricity efficiency savings by 2025.
In written testimony, OFBF Director of State Policy Brandon Kern said there have been mixed results in achieving the original goals and the type of energy resources have changed.
“These circumstances warrant a review of the state’s energy policy and we appreciate the work you (the Senate) are doing to that end,” he said.
Ohio Farm Bureau will continue to advocate for a comprehensive energy policy. Read our full testimony in the attached document.