News & Events
You might also like
- 'Town Hall Ohio' featuring Ohio Chamber of Commerce's CEO Andy Doehrel
- Cultivating a Cure raises more than $90,000
- AgriPOWER Class VII session 2 blogs with Chris Kick, Sara Campbell
- BWC competition showcases solutions that reduce risk of workplace injuries
- Interacting with media, being effective spokespeople - AgriPOWER Class VII blog
Energy efficiency overhaul introduced
A bill to overhaul state energy standards has been introduced in the Statehouse by Sen. William Seitz. S.B. 58 would revisit provisions put into place in 2008, including a call for 12.5 percent of power generation from renewable sources and a 22 percent cumulative electricity efficiency savings by 2025.
In written testimony, OFBF Director of State Policy Brandon Kern said there have been mixed results in achieving the original goals and the type of energy resources have changed.
“These circumstances warrant a review of the state’s energy policy and we appreciate the work you (the Senate) are doing to that end,” he said.
Ohio Farm Bureau will continue to advocate for a comprehensive energy policy. Read our full testimony in the attached document.