News & Events
You might also like
- AgriPOWER opens doors
- Value from the people
- 2015 County Farm Bureau Presidents Trip to D.C.
- Farm Bureau supports new nutrient bill
- Ohio Farm Bureau's State Priority Issues for 2015
Farleys named chairs of Young Ag Professionals Advisory Team
by Callie Wells
Latham and Katie Farley of Clayton were recently elected chairs of the Ohio Farm Bureau Young Agricultural Professional Advisory Team. The Farleys will lead the team in developing and directing programs, activities and contests for Ohio Farm Bureauís Young Ag Professionals program.
Latham manages the U.S. Department of Agriculture Farm Service Agency office for Shelby County and helps his father-in-law farm. Katie works as a graphic designer. Latham earned a degree in biology from Mississippi State University and Katie graduated from Miami University with a degree in graphic design. They are members of Montgomery County Farm Bureau and parents of a 5-month-old daughter, Cora.
Also elected to leadership positions for the coming year were Aaron and Sarah Heilers from Shelby County as co-chairs, Jennifer and Nathan Brown as secretaries and Brad Heimerl will work with Katie Farley as the Social Media co-chairs.
The Advisory Team is composed of 16 members, representing each of Ohio Farm Bureauís four regions. New members were appointed to the committee earlier this year. Each team member serves a two-year term.
2013 team appointments:
- Nathan and Jennifer Brown of Highland County;
- Andrew and Danielle Burch of Columbiana County;
- Brad Heimerl of Licking County; and
- Greg and Janet McGlinch of Darke County.
Returning team members:
- Ron Burns of Union County;
- Latham and Katie Farley of Montgomery County;
- Aaron and Sarah Heilers of Shelby County; and
- Duayne and Monica Wetherell of Jefferson County.