News & Events
You might also like
- Young Farmers awarded free use of Kubota tractor
- County FB talks free trade with EU agriculture counselor in Cleveland
- EPA proposes changes to Agricultural Worker Protection Standard
- What do Indie Women, Millennials and Kids have in common?
- AFBF Foundation for Agriculture names children’s book of the year
Ohio Sheep and Goat Web Programs throughout February
by Callie Wells
The Web series will assist sheep and goat farmers in becoming better managers and provide advice to those interested in entering this growing industry. The series features numerous topics and speakers from other states, universities and industry relationships.
The four-session series can be viewed from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. Feb. 3, 10, 17 and 24 at 19 Ohio State University Extension sites. See the list below, and check with your county Extension office to find the location nearest you.
For more information about the Ohio Sheep Improvement Association please refer to its website or contact the OSIA office at (614) 246-8299.
Session speakers and topics:
Feb. 3 – Roger A. High, The Ohio State University, “The Management Continuum and Success during the Lambing/Kidding Time Period.”
Feb. 10 – Jeff McCutcheon and Rory Lewandowski, OSU Extension, “Successfully Producing Small Ruminants in a Forage Based System.”
Feb. 17 – Roger A. High and Tony Nye, The Ohio State University, “Sheep and Goat Breeds and Breed Types: Selecting the Right Breed Type for your Market.”
Feb. 24 – Dr. Richard Ehrhardt, Michigan State University, “Management and Records – What are the important records to make Key Management Decisions for your Sheep Flock or Goat Herd.”
Remote Webinar Locations:
- Butler County Extension Office, Princeton Rd., Hamilton, OH 45011. Site Coordinator, Cindy Meyer, (513) 887-3722, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Coshocton County Extension Office, 724 South 7th St., Coshocton, OH 43812. Site Coordinator, Tammi Rogers, (740) 622-2265, email@example.com
- Coshocton County, TMK – New Bedford Store, 33874 St. Rt. 643, Fresno, OH 43824. Site Coordinator, Don Brown, (330) 897-4320, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fairfield County Extension Office, 831 College Ave., Suite D, Lancaster, OH 43130. Site Coordinator, Mike Hogan, (740) 653-5419, email@example.com
- Hancock County Extension Office, 7868 County Rd. 140, Findlay, OH 45840. Site Coordinator, Ed Lentz, (419) 422-3851, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Hardin County Extension Office, 1021 W. Lima St., Kenton, OH 43326. Site Coordinator, Mark Badertscher, (419) 674-2297, email@example.com
- Huron County Administration Building, Suite 1, 180 Milan Ave., Norwalk, OH 44857. Site Coordinator, Mike Gastier, (419) 668-8219, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Knox County Extension Office, 160 Columbus Rd. Mt. Vernon, OH 43050. Site Coordinator, Sabrina Schirtzinger, (740) 397-0401, email@example.com
- Licking County Extension Office, Ag Center, 771 E. Main St., Newark, OH 43055. Site Coordinator, Ted Wiseman, (740) 670-5315, firstname.lastname@example.org. Licking County will only host the Feb. 3 and Feb. 17, 2014 webinars
- Mahoning County Extension Office, 490 S. Broad St., Canfield, OH 44406. Site Coordinator, Eric Barrett, (330) 533-5538, email@example.com
- Morrow County Extension Office, 871 W. Marion Rd., Mt. Gilead, OH 43338. Site Coordinator, Jeff McCutcheon, (419) 947-1070, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Muskingum County Extension Office, 225 Underwood St., Zanesville, OH 43701. Site Coordinator, Mark Mechling, (740) 454-0144, email@example.com
- OSU Extension Regional Office and ERS Center, 16714 St. Rt. 215, Caldwell, OH 43724. Site Coordinators: Clif Little, Guernsey County, (740) 489-5300, firstname.lastname@example.org; Mark Landefeld, Monroe County, (740) 472-0810, email@example.com; Bry Pye, Noble County, (740) 732-5681, firstname.lastname@example.org; Chris Penrose, (740) 962-4854, email@example.com
- Perry County Extension Office, 104 S. Columbus St., Somerset, OH 43783. Site Coordinator, Ted Wiseman, (740) 743-1602, firstname.lastname@example.org. Perry County will only host the Feb. 10 and Feb. 24, 2014 webinars
- Ross County, Greenfield High School Agriculture Education Room, 200 N. 5th St., Greenfield, OH. Site Coordinator, Chris Bruynis, (740) 702-3200, email@example.com
- Wayne County, OARDC, Room 130 Research Services, 1680 Madison Ave., Wooster, OH 44691. Site Coordinator, Rory Lewandowski, (330) 264-8722, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Williams County Extension Office, 1425 East High St. Bryan, OH 43506. Site Coordinator, Flo Chirra, (419) 636-5608, email@example.com
Callie Wells is Communications Specialist for Ohio Farm Bureau.