News & Events
You might also like
- 2015 County Farm Bureau Presidents Trip to D.C.
- Farm Bureau supports new nutrient bill
- Ohio Farm Bureau's State Priority Issues for 2015
- Special CAUV meeting scheduled for March 5
- A look at Ohio’s property tax system
Ohio Sheep and Goat Web Programs throughout February
by Callie Wells
The Web series will assist sheep and goat farmers in becoming better managers and provide advice to those interested in entering this growing industry. The series features numerous topics and speakers from other states, universities and industry relationships.
The four-session series can be viewed from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. Feb. 3, 10, 17 and 24 at 19 Ohio State University Extension sites. See the list below, and check with your county Extension office to find the location nearest you.
For more information about the Ohio Sheep Improvement Association please refer to its website or contact the OSIA office at (614) 246-8299.
Session speakers and topics:
Feb. 3 – Roger A. High, The Ohio State University, “The Management Continuum and Success during the Lambing/Kidding Time Period.”
Feb. 10 – Jeff McCutcheon and Rory Lewandowski, OSU Extension, “Successfully Producing Small Ruminants in a Forage Based System.”
Feb. 17 – Roger A. High and Tony Nye, The Ohio State University, “Sheep and Goat Breeds and Breed Types: Selecting the Right Breed Type for your Market.”
Feb. 24 – Dr. Richard Ehrhardt, Michigan State University, “Management and Records – What are the important records to make Key Management Decisions for your Sheep Flock or Goat Herd.”
Remote Webinar Locations:
- Butler County Extension Office, Princeton Rd., Hamilton, OH 45011. Site Coordinator, Cindy Meyer, (513) 887-3722, [email protected]
- Coshocton County Extension Office, 724 South 7th St., Coshocton, OH 43812. Site Coordinator, Tammi Rogers, (740) 622-2265, [email protected]
- Coshocton County, TMK – New Bedford Store, 33874 St. Rt. 643, Fresno, OH 43824. Site Coordinator, Don Brown, (330) 897-4320, [email protected]
- Fairfield County Extension Office, 831 College Ave., Suite D, Lancaster, OH 43130. Site Coordinator, Mike Hogan, (740) 653-5419, [email protected]
- Hancock County Extension Office, 7868 County Rd. 140, Findlay, OH 45840. Site Coordinator, Ed Lentz, (419) 422-3851, [email protected]
- Hardin County Extension Office, 1021 W. Lima St., Kenton, OH 43326. Site Coordinator, Mark Badertscher, (419) 674-2297, [email protected]
- Huron County Administration Building, Suite 1, 180 Milan Ave., Norwalk, OH 44857. Site Coordinator, Mike Gastier, (419) 668-8219, [email protected]
- Knox County Extension Office, 160 Columbus Rd. Mt. Vernon, OH 43050. Site Coordinator, Sabrina Schirtzinger, (740) 397-0401, [email protected]
- Licking County Extension Office, Ag Center, 771 E. Main St., Newark, OH 43055. Site Coordinator, Ted Wiseman, (740) 670-5315, [email protected]. Licking County will only host the Feb. 3 and Feb. 17, 2014 webinars
- Mahoning County Extension Office, 490 S. Broad St., Canfield, OH 44406. Site Coordinator, Eric Barrett, (330) 533-5538, [email protected]
- Morrow County Extension Office, 871 W. Marion Rd., Mt. Gilead, OH 43338. Site Coordinator, Jeff McCutcheon, (419) 947-1070, [email protected]
- Muskingum County Extension Office, 225 Underwood St., Zanesville, OH 43701. Site Coordinator, Mark Mechling, (740) 454-0144, [email protected]
- OSU Extension Regional Office and ERS Center, 16714 St. Rt. 215, Caldwell, OH 43724. Site Coordinators: Clif Little, Guernsey County, (740) 489-5300, [email protected]; Mark Landefeld, Monroe County, (740) 472-0810, l[email protected]; Bry Pye, Noble County, (740) 732-5681, [email protected]; Chris Penrose, (740) 962-4854, [email protected]
- Perry County Extension Office, 104 S. Columbus St., Somerset, OH 43783. Site Coordinator, Ted Wiseman, (740) 743-1602, [email protected]. Perry County will only host the Feb. 10 and Feb. 24, 2014 webinars
- Ross County, Greenfield High School Agriculture Education Room, 200 N. 5th St., Greenfield, OH. Site Coordinator, Chris Bruynis, (740) 702-3200, [email protected]
- Wayne County, OARDC, Room 130 Research Services, 1680 Madison Ave., Wooster, OH 44691. Site Coordinator, Rory Lewandowski, (330) 264-8722, [email protected]
- Williams County Extension Office, 1425 East High St. Bryan, OH 43506. Site Coordinator, Flo Chirra, (419) 636-5608, [email protected]
Callie Wells is Communications Specialist for Ohio Farm Bureau.