News & Events
On Your Behalf
Buckeye Farm News
2009 Ohio Farm Bureau Goals
- Market Farm Bureau to achieve membership growth
- Increase grassroots involvement by creating a volunteer-friendly Farm Bureau
- Expand relations with Nationwide and other affinity organizations
- Promote the agbioresource industry
- Influence trade, labor, tax, education, energy and farm policy
- Speak out and stand up for animal agriculture and the food industry
- Protect personal property rights
Farmers seek assistance on rural issues. ‡ OFBF met in Columbus with Huron County Farm Bureau members, ODOT and their legislators to deal with a road access issue for farm equipment. OFBF assisted a member in responding to local efforts to zone agricultural activities and assisted members with rules and regulations governing septic systems, CAUV, drainage and property rights.
Agricultural issues stretch beyond Ohio. ‡ OFBF attended the Midwest region commodity director’s conference and provided an update on animal welfare/rights issues in Ohio that could impact other Midwest state Farm Bureaus.
Livestock care issues affect all segments of agriculture. ‡ OFBF gave a presentation to the Ohio Sheep Improvement Association and the Ohio Sheep and Wool Program boards of directors and the Ohio chapter of the American Society of Farm Managers and Rural Appraisers regarding animal welfare, care and rights issues.
Addressing local concerns is priority of Farm Bureau. ‡ OFBF gave animal welfare/rights presentations in Allen, Mercer, Shelby and Auglaize counties. OFBF also conducted local training on property rights and public utility easements.