News & Events
You might also like
- Live, silent auction raises money for foundations
- Wear your pride
- Rasmussen: Nationwide taking steps to more effectively serve members
- Hirsch, Fisher encourage farmers to get involved
- Delegates set policy update Farm Bureau’s membership model
Ohio Farm Bureau and Bob Evans Recipe Contest Winners to be Announced
COLUMBUS, Ohio (OFBF) – Four Ohio Farm Bureau Federation (OFBF) members will receive free Bob Evans grocery products for a year when judges announce the winners of the OFBF and Bob Evans recipe contest Sunday, Aug. 9 at the Ohio State Fair. Winners will be named at 2 p.m. on the Ohio Proud stage in the ABN Taste of Ohio Café.
The contest required Ohio Farm Bureau members to concoct original recipes featuring at least one Bob Evans product and one locally grown product from the OurOhio.org “Buying Local Directory”. Entries were judged by chefs at Bob Evans and a local farmer. Recipes were submitted in four categories: breakfast, budget friendly, summer grilling and slow cooker.
The two finalists in each category were named Wednesday. They are:
- Breakfast: Susan Spang of Maumee and Carol McQuaig of Cincinnati
- Budget Friendly: Teresa Maag of Leipsic and Carol Polper of Fremont
- Summer Grilling: Diana Hendershot of Powell and Lynne Genter of Columbus
- Slow Cooker: Renee Schaaf of Wooster and Carol Santee of Delaware
Winners will be featured in Our Ohio magazine along with their recipe. They also receive "A Day with the Chefs" to pick and make recipes, free Bob Evans grocery products for a year and more. Four Grand Prizes will be awarded (one in each category) with an approximate retail value of $1,230 each.
Samples of the finalists recipes will also be available during Sunday's announcement of winners.
Ohio Farm Bureau is comprised of 234,000 members working on legislation, regulations and issues affecting agriculture, rural areas, and Ohio citizens in general. Members include farmers, food and wine enthusiasts, gardeners, animal lovers and anyone who enjoys rural Ohio. For more information, or to join, visit www.GrowWithFB.org.