News & Events
You might also like
- Senate passes agritourism bill
- Legal with Leah: Ag sales tax exemption
- Vertical Farming on 'Town Hall Ohio'
- Growing Our Generation: Telling the story of agriculture
- OFBF pushes for action on proposed CAUV legislation
OSIA supports Issue 2 to Create the Ohio Livestock Care Standards Board
The Ohio Sheep Improvement Association (OSIA) is uniting with Ohio’s farm community to support the passage of State Issue 2, a ballot measure that will create the Ohio Livestock Care Standards Board, on Election Day, Nov. 3.
The board was placed on the ballot through a bipartisan resolution that passed by an overwhelming majority in the Ohio General Assembly. The measure is strongly supported by legislative leaders from both parties, Gov. Ted Strickland and Ohio agriculture organizations.
A YES vote for Issue 2 will:
- Assure Ohio families have a safe, locally grown food supply.
- Bring the best Ohio experts in animal care and food production together on one board.
- Reinforce consumer confidence in Ohio-raised food.
- Maintain the viability of Ohio agriculture – the state’s No. 1economic contributor.
- Sustain Ohio's family farms for generations to come.
A political action committee, Ohioans for Livestock Care, has been formed to educate voters about the purpose of the Board and the need for such a measure in Ohio. To represent the best interests of Ohio’s farmers, OSIA leadership serves on the steering committee and is actively involved in the campaign.
OSIA is reaching out to Ohio’s sheep farmers, agribusinesses, and other sheep related organizations to help fund this campaign. Those interested in making a donation or learning more about Issue 2, may contact the Ohio Sheep Improvement Association office at (614) 246-8293 or visit www.OhioLivestockCare.org.
Paid for by Ohioans for Livestock Care PAC, John C. Fisher, Treasurer, 280 North High Street, Columbus, OH 43215.