News & Events
You might also like
- Statement on Gov. Kasich’s announcement of Ohio’s commitment to water quality
- Ohio Farm Bureau’s response to the Toledo water crisis
- Senate Bill 150: Separating facts and fiction
- Ohio water research and resources
- AFBF pushes back against U.S. EPA’s ‘federal land grab’
Members discuss Farm Bureau model
March was a busy month for the 42-member Membership Model Study Group as it met in Columbus for three full days of discussion plus held additional small group online and phone conversations.
The panel was initiated by delegate action at the 2013 OFBF annual meeting and asked to define a membership structure that leads to growth and viability for the organization.
Key themes in the discussion thus far include the importance of strong county, state and national organizations, keeping membership authority at the county level, becoming more inclusive and providing value back to partnering organizations.
Study group participants also want to lead the effort in communicating about this topic with all members. That process is expected to begin in early summer.