News & Events
You might also like
- Ohio Farm Bureau's State Priority Issues for 2015
- Special CAUV meeting scheduled for March 5
- A look at Ohio’s property tax system
- Do your homework before applying for federal funds for renewable energy
- EPA director discusses clean water, oil and gas exploration
Young Ag Professionals start new group
A group of enthusiastic young people have started a new group in Delaware County focused on building a sense of community. The Delaware County Young Agricultural Professionals group is led by co-chairs Zach Taylor, Marlene Eick and Josh Main.
“I think having a really diverse committee that was heading up our young ag professionals group really helped us a lot. I had a different group of friends and network than Zach did and a different group yet than Josh did as well,” Eick said.
The group held its first event earlier this year with just a social hour, inviting people to come out and visit.
“Mostly people just want a chance to socially interact with people who are like them, have similar values and are interested in the same industry. So that is a big goal, just an opportunity for people to get together,” Eick said. “Then sprinkle in here and there some chances for some education, professional development or service.”