News & Events
You might also like
- Congress extends tax breaks beneficial to farmers
- Hirsch: What we do at this meeting matters
- Ohio needs more infrastructure, food processing to meet demand for local food
- Tips for entrepreneurs overheard at the Ohio Farm and Food Leadership Forum
- Catlett tells farmers to prepare for the golden age of agriculture
Young Ag Professional contests nearing
Buckeye Farm News
Ohio Farm Bureau is looking for the top young agricultural professionals in the state to apply for the following contests.
OFBF Excellence in Agriculture Contest – This contest recognizes successful young agriculture professionals (singles or couples) age 35 or younger, who are actively contributing to and growing through their nonproduction involvement in agriculture. Four state finalists will be selected among county winners, with the statewide winner announced during the Ohio Farm Bureau annual meeting in Cincinnati, Dec. 2 to 4.
OFBF Outstanding Young Farmer Contest – This contest recognizes successful young farmers (singles or couples), age 35 or younger, for achievements in the business of farming and leadership in the agricultural community. Four state finalists will be selected from county winners, with the statewide winner also announced during the Ohio Farm Bureau annual meeting.
All applications must be sent to county Farm Bureau offices by Sept. 10. For more information, contest rules and registration forms: visit www.ofbf.org/get-involved/young-ag-professionals or contact your county Farm Bureau office.