News & Events
You might also like
- AgriPOWER Class VI is in session
- Starting a journey through AgriPOWER
- 20 Ohioans participating in intensive agricultural leadership program
- Rural Entrepreneurship Challenge showcases innovations in rural America
- Applications due Sept. 5 for County Activities of Excellence Awards
On Your Behalf
Buckeye Farm News
2009 Ohio Farm Bureau Goals
- Market Farm Bureau to achieve membership growth
- Increase grassroots involvement by creating a volunteer-friendly Farm Bureau
- Expand relations with Nationwide and other affinity organizations
- Promote the agbioresource industry
- Influence trade, labor, tax, education, energy and farm policy
- Speak out and stand up for animal agriculture and the food industry
- Protect personal property rights
Farmers play an important role in protecting natural resources OFBF sponsored and staff participated in a two-day Water Quality Trading Workshop at Atwood Lake Conference Center, along with more than 30 individuals from seven states. Staff represented OFBF in meetings of the Great Lakes Compact Advisory Board Baseline List and Water Conservation and Efficiency Committees.
Proper management of resources is vital to farming operations OFBF participated in the western Ohio Manure Science Review, where the OSU Extension Nutrient Management Workbook was demonstrated. This tool helps producers develop an annual nutrient management plan.
Protecting producer and consumer choice Through outside legal counsel, OFBF was represented at the mediation session between the International Dairy Foods Asociation and Organic Trade Association v. the Ohio Department of Agriculture lawsuit pertaining to Ohios dairy labeling rule.
Collaboration provides new opportunities OFBF met recently with faculty from Ohio State University to discuss providing Early Field Experiences to sophomores in agricultural education.
An effective organization is built on leadership OFBF recently met with instructors from the Disney Institute for insights on providing new leadership experiences.