News & Events
You might also like
- 2015 County Farm Bureau Presidents Trip to D.C.
- Farm Bureau supports new nutrient bill
- Ohio Farm Bureau's State Priority Issues for 2015
- Special CAUV meeting scheduled for March 5
- A look at Ohioís property tax system
Protecting the Great Lakes
Ohio Farm Bureau recently joined conservationists, water quality specialists, environmentalists, tourism officials and charter boat captains in discussing water quality issues with U.S. Sen. Rob Portman at Lake Erie. During the roundtable, Portman discussed his algal bloom bill that President Obama signed into law. The legislation reauthorizes millions of dollars to combat harmful algal blooms. Portman negotiated a Great Lakes section for the program. At the roundtable were Ohio Farm Bureau Board member Daryl Knipp, Nationwide Board of Trustees member Sparky Weilnau and Wade Smith, Lucas County Farm Bureau vice president.
Photo courtesy Portmanís office