News & Events
You might also like
- 'Legal with Leah' rewind - Farm Equipment on Roadways
- What to know about Worker Protection Standard revisions
- Columbia Gas president on 'Town Hall Ohio'
- Ohio farm families honored for conservation efforts
- Working for a more fair CAUV formula
Protecting the Great Lakes
Ohio Farm Bureau recently joined conservationists, water quality specialists, environmentalists, tourism officials and charter boat captains in discussing water quality issues with U.S. Sen. Rob Portman at Lake Erie. During the roundtable, Portman discussed his algal bloom bill that President Obama signed into law. The legislation reauthorizes millions of dollars to combat harmful algal blooms. Portman negotiated a Great Lakes section for the program. At the roundtable were Ohio Farm Bureau Board member Daryl Knipp, Nationwide Board of Trustees member Sparky Weilnau and Wade Smith, Lucas County Farm Bureau vice president.
Photo courtesy Portmanís office