News & Events
You might also like
- AgriPOWER Class VI is in session
- Starting a journey through AgriPOWER
- 20 Ohioans participating in intensive agricultural leadership program
- Rural Entrepreneurship Challenge showcases innovations in rural America
- Applications due Sept. 5 for County Activities of Excellence Awards
On Your Behalf
Buckeye Farm News
2009/2010 Ohio Farm Bureau Goals
- Market Farm Bureau to achieve membership growth
- Increase grassroots involvement by creating a volunteer-friendly Farm Bureau
- Expand relations with Nationwide and other affinity organizations
- Promote farming and the agbioresource industry
- Influence the adoption of OFBF and AFBF policy
- Speak out and stand up for animal agriculture and the food industry
- Protect personal property rights
- Engage members in the 2009 and 2010 elections
Future agriculture leaders need information on current agricultural issues — OFBF coordinated a tour of livestock farms and gave a presentation to the current state FFA officer team regarding animal care issues.
Member issues are at the heart of OFBF’s work — OFBF recently assisted a member in a warranty dispute relative to a defective new tractor, which was later resolved in favor of the member. OFBF also assisted a member in a property dispute with neighbors related to open access to farm fields.
Speaking out on behalf of agriculture — OFBF recently met with state FFA officers and leaders to discuss partnering opportunities to educate the public about food and animal issues and promote the importance of agricultural education.
Social involvement provides growth opportunities — OFBF’s Youth Advisory Team recently hosted a public square dance at the Ohio State Fair. The dance promoted the organization, the value of Farm Bureau membership and provided positive social interaction for all ages.
Supporting fresh, local foods — OFBF staff participated in an update meeting of Ohio MarketMaker and attended the Ohio Food Policy Council’s Market Connections Task Force meeting.