News & Events
You might also like
- Statement on Gov. Kasich’s announcement of Ohio’s commitment to water quality
- Ohio Farm Bureau’s response to the Toledo water crisis
- Senate Bill 150: Separating facts and fiction
- Ohio water research and resources
- AFBF pushes back against U.S. EPA’s ‘federal land grab’
On your behalf
Buckeye Farm News
2009/2010 Ohio Farm Bureau Goals
- Market Farm Bureau to achieve membership growth
- Increase grassroots involvement by creating a volunteer-friendly Farm Bureau
- Expand relations with Nationwide and other affinity organizations
- Promote farming and the agbioresource industry
- Influence the adoption of OFBF and AFBF policy
- Speak out and stand up for animal agriculture and the food industry
- Protect personal property rights
- Engage members in the 2009 and 2010 elections
State office support of county Farm Bureau projects ensures consistent messages. — OFBF assisted multiple county Farm Bureaus in preparing signage and messaging for county fairs and upcoming dog and horse shows.
Being an advocate for agriculture is part of everyday life for Farm Bureau members. — Members of OFBF staff facilitated meetings with Young Agricultural Professionals with members of Congress and USDA in Washington D.C.
Strategic resource management leads to responsible environmental stewardship. — Staff met with local Farm Bureau leaders to discuss nutrient management options in the Grand Lake watershed.
Preparing the next generation of agriculture professionals for what lies ahead. — Staff informed local ag students about careers available in agricultural communications and raised awareness of State Issue 2 during a career day hosted by the Seneca County Soil and Water Conservation District.