News & Events
You might also like
- Stepping out of our comfort zone - AgriPOWER Class VII Session 1 blog
- Understanding of why we do things the way that we do - AgriPOWER session 1 blog
- Farm Bureau part of successful grain storage bin case
- 12 Receive Ohio Farm Bureau Federation Foundation Scholarships
- Farm Bureau opposes marijuana measure
Statement on governor's plan to deal with the budget shortfall
COLUMBUS, Ohio (OFBF) - “The Ohio Farm Bureau Federation recognizes the challenges facing Gov. Strickland and the Ohio General Assembly.
We supported placing video lottery terminals at Ohio racetracks to boost Ohio’s economy and help the state’s equine industry, but that plan is unlikely to come to fruition anytime soon due to the recent Supreme Court ruling.
Farm Bureau believes the Governor’s plan to delay the final reduction in state income taxes is a reasonable solution to filling the budget gap.
We would be willing to examine alternatives to the tax reduction delay should the Governor or legislature identify other options. If the governor's proposal is adopted by the legislature, it should be a postponement, not an elimination of the tax reduction.
If an improved economy results in increased tax receipts sufficient to meet budget needs, the tax cut should be reinstated. As always, Ohio Farm Bureau continues to advocate for a fiscally responsible state government.
As the state’s largest industry, the agricultural community will remain engaged at all levels to secure economic prosperity for all Ohioans.”