News & Events
You might also like
- Ohio Farm Bureau's State Priority Issues for 2015
- Special CAUV meeting scheduled for March 5
- A look at Ohio’s property tax system
- Do your homework before applying for federal funds for renewable energy
- EPA director discusses clean water, oil and gas exploration
The Faces of Issue 2
Out of state animal rights activists say Issue 2 is about “big ag” and not family farms. With nearly 60,000 family farmers in its membership, Ohio Farm Bureau knows this isn’t true. Issue 2 creates the Livestock Care Standards Board, which is specifically charged with setting animal care standards that promote local food production and that protect Ohio families and farms. The board will carry out its charge under the authority of the Ohio legislature adding another layer of protection for all Ohioans.
In this video, meet some of the multigenerational family farmers who say Issue 2 will help them continue to provide safe, local food for Ohio while giving excellent care to their animals.
Learn more at www.safelocalohiofood.org and Ohio Farm Bureau's Issue 2 News page.