News & Events
You might also like
- How deer damage permit changes will affect farmers
- Why should you join AgriPOWER? My top six reasons to apply
- AgriPOWER: Springboard to involvement, change
- How CAUV’s formula is changing
- Ohio Farm Bureau makes new CAUV formula suggestions to tax department
Division of Wildlife issues challenge to help feed the hungry
Buckeye Farm News
The Ohio Division of Wildlife (DOW) recently issued a challenge to Ohio hunters to double the amount of venison that is donated to Ohioans in need. Last year, hunters donated nearly 220,000 meals.
Dave Graham, chief of the DOW, is committing himself to take a doe on Dec. 5 and donating it to the Farmers and Hunters Feeding the Hungry program. The program works to link farmers and hunters to help reduce wildlife populations while providing food to those in need.
Farmers and hunters deliver harvested surplus deer to participating meat processors in local areas. Donations from churches, clubs, businesses and individuals cover the costs of processing, packaging and freezing the meat, which is then provided to food banks or other food programs.
Learn more about Farmers and Hunters Feeding the Hungry and find a local chapter at www.fhfh.org.