News & Events
You might also like
- Five questions to ask when approached about pipeline construction
- Newly formed Ohio State advisory team
- Workers’ comp billing system update, deadlines changing
- Board of Tax Appeals ruling that could affect you, input needed
- Ohio State Fair Land & Living Exhibit -- 2014 Schedule of Events
Knox County student receives $1,000 Ralph Grimshaw Memorial Scholarship
Howell is a freshman majoring in Animal Science at Ohio State University. She has been involved in her family’s club lamb sheep farm for several years and has shown market lambs at the county, state and national levels.
Howell attended West Holmes High School and was involved in the school’s FFA chapter, where she was active in public speaking and agricultural sales contests, and marketed hot-house lambs for ethnic markets. She currently serves as the Ohio FFA District 8 President, and plans to get her American FFA Degree at the 2010 National FFA Convention.
She plans to continue with her flock after her FFA career with a goal of becoming a premier breeder of high-quality replacement club lamb breeding stock.
The Ralph Grimshaw Memorial Scholarship is presented annually to at least one young Ohio sheep producer. Funds for the scholarship come from the Buckeye Shepherd’s Symposium silent auction and from private donations sent to the Ohio Sheep Improvement Association.
Learn more at www.ohiosheep.org.