News & Events
You might also like
- Agricultural Labor Reform to be Considered by Senate
- Prepare for pipeline development increases across Ohio
- Ohio Livestock Coalition accepting nominations for 'Neighbor of the Year' awards
- Ohio Agricultural Hall of Fame Inductees announced
- Ohio Congressional delegation involved in Farm Bill progress
Ohioans win free groceries for a year
Buckeye Farm News
A promotion that invited Ohio consumers to learn more about the farmers who produce their food has provided three Ohioans with free groceries for a year.
Starting last July, residents from across the state visited www.FarmersFeedUS.org to register for a chance to win. While doing so, they were introduced to seven Ohio farmers and were able to take a video tour of their farms. Each video explains how farmers produce safe, nutritious and affordable food for Ohio consumers.
The winners, who were drawn at random from more than 207,000 consumer registrations, are:
Robert Duncan, Fairborn (in the Dayton area)
Melissa Mattox, Cincinnati
Robert Chidester, Marion (north of Columbus)
Ohio farmers presented each of the winners with gift cards for $5,000 in free groceries, which can be redeemed at their preferred grocery retailer.
The contest was supported by Ohio Farm Bureau Federation, Ohio Livestock Coalition, Ohio Beef Council, Ohio Pork Producers Council, Ohio Lamb Marketing Board, American Lamb Board, Ohio Soybean Council, Ohio Poultry Association and American Dairy Association – Mideast.