News & Events
You might also like
- Five questions to ask when approached about pipeline construction
- Newly formed Ohio State advisory team
- Workers’ comp billing system update, deadlines changing
- Board of Tax Appeals ruling that could affect you, input needed
- Ohio State Fair Land & Living Exhibit -- 2014 Schedule of Events
Animal disease outbreak courses scheduled for January
Buckeye Farm News
Training sessions will be held throughout Ohio in January to help communities prepare for an animal disease outbreak.
The course is geared toward agriculture producers and workers, law enforcement, firefighters, veterinarians and animal health technicians, Emergency Medical Services, emergency management personnel, public health officials, public works personnel and elected officials.
Participants will learn the importance of preparing for a potential outbreak and be trained on the concepts of biosecurity, quarantine, personal protective equipment, euthanasia and disposal and cleaning and disinfection.
Courses are certified by the Department of Homeland Security and approved by the U.S. Department of Agriculture Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service.
For additional information or to register for a class, visit AgPreparedness.org.