News & Events
You might also like
- OFBF members urge legislators to take action on CAUV
- Ohio Youth Capital Challenge finalists to compete during state fair
- County Farm Bureau annual meetings announced
- Urgent: Action Needed Now on CAUV
- OFBF responds to high nitrate water warning in Columbus
Bill would establish Ohio Agriculture Week
Buckeye Farm News
Citing the contributions of Ohio’s farmers to the economy and the state’s rich agricultural heritage, Ohio Farm Bureau Federation testified in favor of a bill that would designate the week of Thanksgiving as Ohio Agriculture Week.
“While it is important that we recognize the men and women who dedicate their lives to growing crops and livestock, it is of equal importance that we educate Ohio’s consumers regarding this important industry,” said Chris Henney, OFBF director of legislative relations. “This legislation should help do both.”
The bill was introduced by Rep. Timothy Derrickson, R-Oxford.