News & Events
You might also like
- Ohio Farm Bureau's State Priority Issues for 2015
- Special CAUV meeting scheduled for March 5
- A look at Ohio’s property tax system
- Do your homework before applying for federal funds for renewable energy
- EPA director discusses clean water, oil and gas exploration
Bill would establish Ohio Agriculture Week
Buckeye Farm News
Citing the contributions of Ohio’s farmers to the economy and the state’s rich agricultural heritage, Ohio Farm Bureau Federation testified in favor of a bill that would designate the week of Thanksgiving as Ohio Agriculture Week.
“While it is important that we recognize the men and women who dedicate their lives to growing crops and livestock, it is of equal importance that we educate Ohio’s consumers regarding this important industry,” said Chris Henney, OFBF director of legislative relations. “This legislation should help do both.”
The bill was introduced by Rep. Timothy Derrickson, R-Oxford.