News & Events
You might also like
- Farm Bureau helping farmers meet their water quality goals
- Restructured Ohio Farm Bureau Foundation has $10 million goal
- Protecting, improving agritourism
- Ohio Supreme Court case examines how grain bins are taxed
- A broader look at Ohio’s tax system
Bill would establish Ohio Agriculture Week
Buckeye Farm News
Citing the contributions of Ohio’s farmers to the economy and the state’s rich agricultural heritage, Ohio Farm Bureau Federation testified in favor of a bill that would designate the week of Thanksgiving as Ohio Agriculture Week.
“While it is important that we recognize the men and women who dedicate their lives to growing crops and livestock, it is of equal importance that we educate Ohio’s consumers regarding this important industry,” said Chris Henney, OFBF director of legislative relations. “This legislation should help do both.”
The bill was introduced by Rep. Timothy Derrickson, R-Oxford.