News & Events
You might also like
- Congress extends tax breaks beneficial to farmers
- Hirsch: What we do at this meeting matters
- Ohio needs more infrastructure, food processing to meet demand for local food
- Tips for entrepreneurs overheard at the Ohio Farm and Food Leadership Forum
- Catlett tells farmers to prepare for the golden age of agriculture
Communication and Consumer Education
Buckeye Farm News: 2009 - A Year In Review
We will build consumer trust in agriculture by being open and transparent about our practices and encourage education and communication between farmers and all segments of the population.
We will promote the integrity of agriculture to enhance public trust.
We will communicate to consumers that current agriculture practices, proper animal care and environmental protection are compatible, and will provide a safe, affordable and abundant food supply.
We will use technology to enhance communications and educational efforts.
We will work with traditional and emerging forms of media and special interest groups to ensure an accurate portrayal of our industry and communicate a unified message.
~From Ohio Farm Bureau's Envisioned Future — The New Era, developed in 2009