News & Events
You might also like
- Senate passes agritourism bill
- Legal with Leah: Ag sales tax exemption
- Vertical Farming on 'Town Hall Ohio'
- Growing Our Generation: Telling the story of agriculture
- OFBF pushes for action on proposed CAUV legislation
Grow and Know
Buckeye Farm News: 2009 - A Year In Review
OFBF created a new education program this year. The first Grow & Know event was held in July at Bob Evans Farms in Gallia County and offered nonmembers and members the opportunity to learn about various aspects of farming, gardening and cooking. Grow & Know also leveraged the Our Ohio brand into membership marketing activities and services. Approximately 70 people registered for eight breakout sessions including topics on beekeeping, home canning, gardening, cooking and more. Event evaluations were positive and many attendees requested a similar training closer to home. Grow & Know will be expanded in 2010 as a new way to both serve members and connect farmers and consumers. Watch for the 2010 schedule in the March/April 2010 Our Ohio magazine.