News & Events
You might also like
- Congress extends tax breaks beneficial to farmers
- Hirsch: What we do at this meeting matters
- Ohio needs more infrastructure, food processing to meet demand for local food
- Tips for entrepreneurs overheard at the Ohio Farm and Food Leadership Forum
- Catlett tells farmers to prepare for the golden age of agriculture
State fair success
Buckeye Farm News: 2009 - A Year In Review
OFBF coordinated the “Land and Living: Agriculture Your Link to Life” exhibit at the Ohio State Fair where an estimated 350,000 fairgoers participated in an interactive agricultural display in a 32,000-square-foot building used exclusively for the display. More than 9,000 children planted a flower and took it home as part of the Green2Go exhibit, 5,256 children participated in a pedal tractor course called the OFBF Country Cruise, and 28 memberships were sold during the fair.
Making its debut this year was the Our Ohio Expert Stage where agricultural experts enlightened guests in areas such as plant and animal science. COSI on Wheels also presented its show “Lunchroom Live” daily.
Bob Evans Farms was a new partner this year. The company distributed free recipe and coupon booklets. The winners of the Ohio Farm Bureau/Bob Evans recipe contest also were announced at the fair.
Special guests to the building included Sen. George Voinovich, State Auditor Mary Taylor and Gov. Ted Strickland.