News & Events
You might also like
- Stepping out of our comfort zone - AgriPOWER Class VII Session 1 blog
- Understanding of why we do things the way that we do - AgriPOWER session 1 blog
- Farm Bureau part of successful grain storage bin case
- 12 Receive Ohio Farm Bureau Federation Foundation Scholarships
- Farm Bureau opposes marijuana measure
Getting social on the web
Buckeye Farm News: 2009 - A Year In Review
Ohio Farm Bureau found a new way to forge a partnership between farmers and consumers in 2009 by incorporating social media into its Web presence. A revamped Web site, ofbf.org, combined a clean look and feel with an interactive experience, where users may create accounts to comment on stories, vote in polls, share stories on online social networks and receive their county information when they sign into the page.
Ohio Farm Bureau has become known nationally as a leader in agriculture’s use of social media. OFBF’s Guide to Social Media has been shared throughout the nation and is used as a training guide for American Farm Bureau Federation. Other state Farm Bureaus and agriculture organizations are turning to OFBF as a model for social media participation, and a recent National Journal article said Ohio Farm Bureau is “leading the pack on Twitter.” Visit www.tinyurl.com/OFBFsocialmedia to find OFBF’s social media accounts, download easy-to-use social media tutorials and to find out why Ohio Farm Bureau wants and needs its members there.