News & Events
You might also like
- Agricultural Labor Reform to be Considered by Senate
- Prepare for pipeline development increases across Ohio
- Ohio Livestock Coalition accepting nominations for 'Neighbor of the Year' awards
- Ohio Agricultural Hall of Fame Inductees announced
- Ohio Congressional delegation involved in Farm Bill progress
On Your Behalf - Jan. 21, 2010
Buckeye Farm News
Here are some additional activities in which your support of Farm Bureau helped strengthen agriculture and rural Ohio.
Involving future leaders in agriculture to provide an understanding of the organization - OFBF staff recently hosted early field experiences for OSU Ag Ed majors in a week of working on Issue 2, policy development and leadership workshops.
Educating the educators - OFBF staff in conjunction with Ohio State University, hosted a workshop for teachers from Columbus and surrounding areas to show the connection between agriculture and science.
Promoting Issue 2 - OFBF staff attended the National Animal Interest Alliance conference and made a presentation on Issue 2. Staff members also visited all 11 members of Ohio’s congressional delegation who supported Issue 2 to thank them for their support.
Beyond borders - OFBF staff members recently attended the US Meat Export Federation (USMEF) Strategic Planning Conference to hear the current strategies for foreign promotion of U.S. meat products and to gain a better understanding of the obstacles in the growth of export markets.