News & Events
Ohio Farm Bureau Foundation awards grants to local groups
The Ohio Farm Bureau Foundation has awarded a series of Agricultural Action and Awareness Grants for the 2010 program year.
Buckeye Farm News
The competitively awarded grants support programs and projects focusing on agricultural education, ecological and/or economic development. The grant awards include:
- Greenhouse Expansion Project, Athens Meigs Education Service Center, Athens: $2,500
- Soil and Water Quality Project, Brown County SWCD, Georgetown: $1,250
- Growing Stewards of the Earth, Cuyahoga County SWCD, Valley View: $1,750
- Agri-Energy, Fairfield County SWCD, Lancaster: $2,250
- Outdoor Land Lab – Next Steps, Fredericktown Schools, Fredericktown: $3,000Agricultural Health & Safety Education in Ohio, Grady Memorial Hospital, Delaware: $2,250
- Senior Farmers’ Market Nutrition Program, HANDS Foundation, Brunswick: $1,250
- Community Garden Fence, Hocking County Farm Bureau, Circleville: $1,000
- Annual Fall Fun Fest, Huron County SWCD, Norwalk: $750
- Energy Sources Tours, Ohio Energy Project, Worthington: $3,000
- AgriPower Program, Ohio Farm Bureau Federation, Columbus: $3,000
- Promote Ohio Livestock and Genetics Internationally, OLGEC, Inc., Greenville: $1,250
- Inspiring Hunger Fighters, OSU Scarlet & Grey Ag Day, Columbus: $3,000
- Growing Green Project, PERCO, Inc., New Lexington: $2,500
- The Time is Now in Agricultural Education, Ridgemont High School, Ridgeway: $2,250.
Agricultural Action and Awareness Grants focus on funding needs for smaller, community based groups that often find the larger-scale, public and private grant solicitation process daunting. More information about the Ohio Farm Bureau Foundation and its grant program can be obtained at www.OFBFoundation.org.