News & Events
5 ways to help support Ohio agriculture
Buckeye Farm News
If you believe in Ohio Farm Bureau’s efforts to protect farmers, stand up for animal agriculture, promote locally grown foods, advocate for good government and communicate with consumers, the organization needs your help. More than ever, farmers are needed to join together to address a multitude of issues facing agriculture and rural Ohio.
“Our issue influence and financial strength is based on our strong grassroots network,” said John Wargowsky, OFBF senior director of field communications. “We need to continue to grow our membership base if we are going to tackle the challenges that we face.”
Here’s how you can help:
• Attend a local membership rally to learn how you can get involved in Farm Bureau’s membership campaign. Some rallies have already been held, but others are scheduled over the next month. County information is available at www.ofbf.org/counties.
• Ask friends and neighbors to join Farm Bureau. Printable membership forms are available and you can join online at www.ofbf.org. Click on “Benefits and Membership” then “Become a Member.”
• Are you attending a meeting or an event where individuals might be interested in Farm Bureau’s cause or the organization’s member benefits? Farm Bureau county offices have materials you can share.
• Several Ohio businesses have provided Farm Bureau memberships as a perk for their employees. Talk with your employer or another local business if you think they could benefit from a relationship with Farm Bureau.
• County Farm Bureaus need volunteers at local events, such as Farmers’ Share Breakfasts, who can provide information about the organization to those in attendance. Contact your county office to learn about opportunities for involvement.