News & Events
You might also like
- AgriPOWER opens doors
- Value from the people
- 2015 County Farm Bureau Presidents Trip to D.C.
- Farm Bureau supports new nutrient bill
- Ohio Farm Bureau's State Priority Issues for 2015
Heimerls elected co-chairs of OFBF Young Ag Professionals Advisory Team
Buckeye Farm News
Matt and Rachel Heimerl of Johnstown were recently elected co-chairs of the OFBF Young Agricultural Professionals Advisory Team.
The team is composed of 16 members, representing each of Ohio Farm Bureau’s four regions.
The Heimerls are actively involved in the family farming operation, which includes hog production, feeder cattle, corn, soybeans and wheat. They both serve on the Licking County Board of Trustees where Matt is currently vice president. Matt is also a participant in OFBF’s AgriPOWER Institute, a leadership training program. Matt and Rachel are graduates of Ohio State University and are the parents of a one-year-old daughter, Lauren.
“Matt and Rachel bring a great deal of enthusiasm and Farm Bureau experience to the team. As county board members and their participation in local and state leadership programs, we are glad to have them on board,” said Darrell Rubel, director of leadership development at OFBF.
New members were appointed to the committee as well. Each team member serves a two-year term, in which they are involved in planning programs and events that reach out to young professionals and the community.
Young Agricultural Professionals are OFBF members age 35 or younger who are interested in improving the business of agriculture, learning new ideas and developing important leadership skills.
Young Agricultural Professionals Advisory Team
New appointments to the team include:
- Greg and Rose Hartschuh of Bloomville (Northwest)
- Wayne and Sarah Greier of Salem (Northeast)
- Joey and Sarah Roell of Camdem (Southwest)
- Ray and Christie Haines of Lowell (Southeast)
Returning members include:
- Derek and Roshelle Rowe of Bucyrus (Northwest)
- Steve and Sonya Quillin of Stone Creek (Northeast)
- Patrick and Mary Neill of Union City (Southwest)
- Matt and Rachel Heimerl of Johnstown (Southeast)